Number Machine Pro can be used on Windows computers ( XP, Vista, 7). We have had a few customers install this program on their Windows 8 machines but they needed to change settings to force their computer to behave as if it were an older operating system when using this program. You would need to consult Windows documentation to learn how to do this.
As always, we recommend you download and install the free Number Machine Pro demo prior to purchase to ensure that it will work as expected with your system.
This program is not compatible with any Mac (Apple or iOS) computers.
Yes, you can purchase Number Machine Pro from anywhere in the world. Our shopping cart will convert your currency.
This program can measure with either metric or English standards.
If you buy the CD version we can ship it via USPS First Class or Priority mail. You can also simply buy the download version of the program.
The demo version is exactly the same as the full version except the words “Demo Version” will print above each number head as a watermark until the program has been purchased and registered.
Number Machine Pro will print on any stock that your printer will feed including label stock. You would just set up the job to print as you normally would or import a PDF set up from an Avery template.
Yes. This program makes running multiple-part carbonless forms easy.
Check out the Multi-part NCR sample template to see how to set up a carbonless form job.
Number Machine Pro files are saved with a .NMT file extension but double clicking on your saved files doesn’t always cause Number Machine Pro to start. We recommend you start the program first, then locate and open the file you would like to work from.
Opening a Recent Number Machine Pro File:
- On the very top menu bar, click File. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click Open.
- Locate the file you wish to open.
- Click the file name.
- Click the Open button or double-click the file.
The standard template, which opens automatically when you start the program, defaults to a 8.5” x 11” paper size. If your PDF is a different size, you need to make sure your settings match up. You can do this a couple of different ways:
1) Import PDF: If the PDF you choose to import is not the expected 8.5” x 11” size, a popup will appear asking you to select how you want to handle the file. You can either “Clear project settings and use the page size of the selected page” (recommended) or “Use page size of current project and resize the selected page” (not recommended). For the most consistent results, we highly recommend you design your PDF file to the proper page size when printed without scaling.
2) New Template: You can also start a new template (Ctrl + N) and set the job up to any size you desire with or without importing a PDF. In the New Template window you can choose your printer and select your page size from one of the three choices: Standard: a pull-down menu of your printer’s common paper sizes appears. Custom: Only available if your printer allows for custom sizes, or from PDF: you can select a PDF and the job will be automatically set to the file’s dimensions.
Number Machine Pro can be set up to print to any size paper that your printer can handle. You need to be familiar with your printer’s minimum margins, however, as most printers cannot print within a certain distance of the edge of the paper. If portions of your PDF get cut off, you might be printing outside of your printer’s allowable margins.
Printer margins vary by brand, but a standard safe border area is usually between 3/8” to 1/4″. Make sure to leave plenty of border margin space when you are setting up your PDF file, and print a test copy directly from your PDF to make sure your job fits within the maximum print area and is nicely centered before you import the PDF into Number Machine Pro.
We do not recommend scaling an imported PDF as this could create unexpected results and poor margin performance.
If you’ve confirmed that your PDF is the correct size without scaling and that your page margins are within your printer’s tolerances, but you are still experiencing problems – such as the edge of the job being cut off, we suggest you print fewer-up per sheet and select a smaller page size.
Hot keys or quick keys are the keyboard combinations that can be used to easily perform a desired action. For example, if you want to quickly save your document, instead of going through the menu bar, or even the toolbar, you can just press <Ctrl> and <s> at the same time. This saves time, and makes performing actions even easier.
|Zoom In||Ctrl+Num+ (the + symbol)|
|Zoom Out||Ctrl+Num+ (the - symbol)|
Depending on the PDF file size, sometimes the file sent to the printer can be huge and will sometimes crash the print spooler. We recommend shutting off your print spooler and printing directly to the printer when using Number Machine Pro.